Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Big Day....Meeting Sanjay!

Could today have been any better? I don’t think so. God continues to shower me with “more than I could ever ask or imagine” gifts. Today was one of those days. I have waited so long to meet Sanjay and he has begged me for so many years to come, I prayed to God that neither of us would blow this day out of proportion and be disappointed.

Sanjay was waiting excitedly for me on the bus. When we met I gave him a huge hug and told him how very excited I was to meet him. I found out that he had taken a 7 hour train ride to get to me and had come with his mother and a Compassion worker. Both were beautiful women and we hit it off from the start.


We had about an hour bus ride to Queensland, an Indian amusement park. We chatted excitedly for the ride and even called Florida so that Sanjay could talk to Jason. Neither of us could stop smiling. It was so wonderful!

We had a great day at the park. He had never ridden rides like this before and everything was new to him, It was so much fun and God was even gracious enough to not let me get so motion sick that I couldn’t enjoy the day. What an interesting place Queensland was. . (Disney, you don’t have anything to worry about). As we sat on a bench chatting a man came by and was spraying a very powerful insecticide on the bushes near us. The smell in the park was horrible and it was a run down dump but the kids loved it.




At lunchtime, I got to give Sanjay the gifts I had gotten for him and his mother. What fun to bless these people with gifts. They had a mini talent show and Sanjay sang a song for me. Later I returned the favor and sang a song for him. We all had a great time. After that, we had a time of prayer for our children, their families and their projects….what a sweet time!

At long last it was time to go home. They had us say our goodbyes and give our hugs before we got on the bus to ride home. I could see tears welling up in his eyes and it touched me so deeply that he felt that strongly and had never met me. We had an emotional ride home on the bus where he thanked me over and over again for coming. He told me that for years when sponsors had come, he had always wondered when his sponsor would come. I was so glad to be able to answer his dream and guilty that I hadn’t come sooner. He asked me over and over when I would come back. I assured him that if God would provide the funds and opportunity again, that I would come.

As we got off the bus, Sanjay had tears streaming down his face. I haven’t been that deeply touched and honored in such a long time. I embraced him, told him how much he was loved and assured him that we would see each other some day.

There were so many touching moments today that I can’t even begin to scratch the surface. Sometimes you can’t express things and you just have to ponder and treasure them in your heart.

All of you who helped me get here, to you I owe such a debt of gratitude. This is an experience that I am so glad that I did not miss.

Well, tomorrow we’re on a plane at 4 a.m. to fly to Delhi to deliver supplies to an infant protection center and also deliver supplies to another project. Pray for our team as we are exhausted both emotionally and physically….please also pray that the money holds out!

Love and gratitude to God and to you all!

0 comments: