Tuesday, February 8, 2011

India Day 3

Wow! What another amazing day in India! I am continually impressed with the national Indian church and the Compassion staff here. What a heart these people have for the children of India and are trusting God to change India one family at a time through the lives of India's children.
Today after a little bit of shopping in the morning we went to visit the Indian Institute of Technology. We were there to visit a young man named Rajnish, a student who is in the Compassion Leadership Program. This program is for students who have graduated from the Compassion Children's Program and helps them as they continue through the university. Rajnish was blessed enough to be accepted into this school. 500.000 people apply each year, 600 make the first cut, and then only the top 60 are chosen. Students from this school are guaranteed prestigious jobs throughout the world. It was a blessing to hear how Rajnish, a child from a very poor family, was able through his attending a Compassion center to receive the education and encouragement to continue this education.


Rajnish is studying to become a communications engineer and is now a volunteer at a Compassion center and is planning on going back to his poor area after he completes school to bless others as he's been blessed.
That will be the fulfillment of the goals of Compassion International. Rajnish and his family were former Hindus who found the love of Jesus through a Compassion center and are now going out and changing their communities.
I think we often forget that that is how true change is made. I often feel insignificant because I can't change the world. But if we can contribute to the change of one person, if we can introduce someone to Jesus, then HE can change their hearts and set off a chain reaction that we could never imagine.
I have been so challenged by these people who have nothing and yet are attempting and expecting great and mighty things from God. I think that's the very reason they're receiving them, because they believe God and take him at his word. What a challenge for me.
All around is poverty and despair but these people through God will change India. In the stores on the streets, people pray to gods of wood and stone who have no hearing or sight and cannot help them. I am honored to be with people who carry the name of Jesus into the darkness so proudly and with such boldness!




Tomorrow we visit our first Compassion center and get to interact with the children. I have an empty suitcase now!...I know I'll be tempted to stick a few kids in there and bring them back to the U.S. with me!
Please pray for the team. We're all suffering from lack of sleep and the complete time change and it's making a few of them pretty testy. I know Satan would love to drive a wedge between us and cause division to take away from our mission.
I miss the U.S. very much. I really miss my family and it's so hard to be away from them. Again, I also miss MEAT! This is a weird, funky place when it comes to food....yikes!
Love to you all!

0 comments: