Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Placement Update


I don't have anything major to report, I've just had people ask me how things have been going with Devin now home for good. In short, it's been great. He's a kid, like any other kid. If I had a dollar for every time he lost his new glasses, I wouldn't worry about what the stock market is doing because I'd be a very rich woman! But every day he steals more and more of my heart away!

It's now more normal to have him here than to not. I can't imagine him being anywhere but with us. Next week we're taking a Thanksgiving vacation to the mountains and I'm so looking forward to getting away with my family all by ourselves!

Actually, the hardest part of the adoption that we're working through is the adoption counselor we have to see for the next 3 months. Please pray for us as we have to meet with this woman who does not seem to listen to us and our opinions about some areas of Devin's life. We feel that because we live with Devin 24/7 and have known him since April and she's only met with him 6 times, that we might have at least as much insight into his life and psyche as she does, but she does not seem to agree. Plus, she's never been a parent, which is icing on the cake!

But we'll do whatever we have to do to make sure that this little guy is a permanent part of our lives, no matter how hard. I still lay in bed and am amazed that my dream is really coming true and that Devin will legally my son in about 79 days!
Sometimes you really do get what you wish for!

2 comments:

Dearest Jessica said...

No matter how long the wait, it's amazing to have a dream fullfilled.

He is amazing..prayinf for those 79 days to go quickly!

Brittani said...

I LOVE the pic of you two together! so sweet. I will pray for this counselor... for wisdom from the Lord in seeing how precious your little family is... and for peace of heart, for you guys, when you are with her.
love you
brittani