Monday, November 3, 2008

Ode to My Sweetie!



It has been pointed out to me recently by someone that I love very much that in my blog I have neglected to mention the other members of the Rumeau clan in this process...especially my husband Jason.

I apologize profusely for this omission. There is no way I would be living my dream today if it were not for the faithfulness to the Lord shown by my husband.

As many of you know, adoption has been my dream all of my life. I talked about it even before I was married. For years it sat on the back burner of my heart. When I began to bring it up to my husband a few years ago, he was not ready to embark on the journey with me. I would like to say that I gave it all to God right away and waited for his timing...but that would be a lie. I just knew that if Jason could just see the need, God would touch his heart. My dear husband finally on his own decided to walk the road with me and see if this was what God had for us. He signed us up for MAP classes and began to seek God's will for our family.

It was actually Jason who spotted Devin's picture on the Heart Gallery and pointed him out to me. When our social worker Stacey unknowingly brought the same photo to us at our class and said that she would like to consider this child, my heart just melted and I felt strongly that Devin was going to be our son.

Jason has been my rock recently through all of the emotional ups and downs of our adoption process. He is a person who through his kindness, yet firmness, can really get things done!

Devin will never know how lucky he is to have a dad like Jay. He will learn from Jay what a real man of faith and character looks like. Jay and Devin have already started doing "guy stuff" together and although I intend to make Devin a complete mommas boy, I'm so excited for their relationship to grow.

I will never be able to express to my man how much his willingness to step out in faith and consider doing the hard stuff with God has meant to me. Jay has given me a great gift indeed, and the best part is I know he feels that he's receiving a great gift in a son for himself as well.

I love you baby!