Thursday, November 6, 2008

An End and A Beginning



Well, it's almost here. We are nearing the end of a very long process. Tomorrow Devin comes to live with us permanently!

In 1 Samuel 1:27-28, Hannah says, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. so now I give him to the Lord, For his whole life will be given over to the Lord."

There are so few things in my life that I have prayed fervently for and for years. Embarrassingly enough, for the most part after a few requests of God for something, I generally lose interest or figure the answer is "no" and stop asking. My prayer for my son was different. I have been asking God for years for my boy. I'm still in having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this is actually happening. I had really begun to think it never would.

In the last few days I've really grown tired of people telling me about what great people we are because we are adopting an older child. We are nothing special and I am still amazed and humbled that a kid as special as Devin would trust screw-ups like us with his life and future. He has seen several times our shortcomings and imperfections and still has chosen to take this journey with us. I believe with all of my heart that I am the lucky one in this whole thing.

I'm also humbled that my daughters are growing up to be the kinds of people that I had always hoped they would be. They have welcomed Devin with open arms and assumed their roles as big sisters in a way that I never dreamed they would. They've sacrificed without complaining and I'm so proud of them!

I'm so looking forward to the future and what it holds. God continues to show His faithfulness to me and my family over and over depite who we are.

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. -Mother Teresa

Ps 103:1-5
Praise the LORD, I tell myself;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, I tell myself,
and never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He ransoms me from death
and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle's!
NLT

I'M A BOY MOM!

6 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

How exciting that the whole process is almost over! Now, you can just enjoy what God has provided.
Congratulations.

Kelly said...

That is awesome!!

Brittani said...

Yeah! What an exciting day! The Lord is so perfect in His love for us. You have your boy....and an adorable one at that :-)
Brittani

Jackie Sue said...

Sometimes I still look at Davie and Ellie and can't believe they are really ours. It a wonderful thing to have God give you such a wonderful gift...the fulfillment of a dream HE laid on your heart all those years ago...it needed to be this long...It needed to be Devin! God Bless you all!!!

Dearest Jessica said...

So excited for you guys~

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

I've been silently following your story - congratulations on your new "bundle of joy!" So thrilled for your family!!!