Some of my friends have asked me to post the verses I'm learning. If you want, you can memorize them along with me. I'm TRUSTING God for his promise that if I hide His word in my heart, it will keep me from sin, in this case, the sin of not trusting Him...seems kind of circular...doesn't it?
Anyway...here goes. These are in the New Living Translation since it's my favorite.Ps 10:14
The helpless put their trust in you.
You are the defender of orphans.
Ps 13:5-6
5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
6 I will sing to the LORD
because he has been so good to me.
Ps 22:5
5 You heard their cries for help and saved them.
They put their trust in you and were never disappointed.
Ps 28:7
7 The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger.
I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Ps 31:6-7
6 I hate those who worship worthless idols.
I trust in the LORD.
7 I am overcome with joy because of your unfailing love,
for you have seen my troubles,
and you care about the anguish of my soul.
Ps 33:4-5
4 For the word of the LORD holds true,
and everything he does is worthy of our trust.
5 He loves whatever is just and good,
and his unfailing love fills the earth.
Ps 34:8-10
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Oh, the joys of those who trust in him!
9 Let the LORD's people show him reverence,
for those who honor him will have all they need.
10 Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
but those who trust in the LORD will never lack any good thing.
Ps 37:3-5
3 Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
1 Peter 2:6
6 As the Scriptures express it,
"I am placing a stone in Jerusalem,
a chosen cornerstone,
and anyone who believes in him
will never be disappointed."
Deut 31:6
6 Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you."
Deut 31:7-8
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD is the one who goes before you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor forsake you."
Heb 13:5-6
5 Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,
"I will never fail you.
I will never forsake you."
6 That is why we can say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper,
so I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?"
Ps 56:3-4
3 But when I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
4 O God, I praise your word.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?
Ps 91:14-16
14 The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
16 I will satisfy them with a long life
and give them my salvation."
Ps 111:5
5 He gives food to those who trust him;
he always remembers his covenant.
Ps 112:6-9
Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
7 They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.
8 They are confident and fearless
and can face their foes triumphantly.
9 They give generously to those in need.
Their good deeds will never be forgotten.
They will have influence and honor.
Isa 12:2
See, God has come to save me.
I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The LORD GOD is my strength and my song;
Isa 26:3-4
3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!
4 Trust in the LORD always,
for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.
Isa 49:4
4 I replied, "But my work all seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose at all. Yet I leave it all in the LORD's hand; I will trust God for my reward."
Isa 50:10
10 Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God.
Jer 17:7-8
7 "But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. 8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit.
Rom 11:22-23
22 Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe to those who disobeyed, but kind to you as you continue to trust in his kindness. But if you stop trusting, you also will be cut off.
1 Peter 4:19
19 So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you.
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment