Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update...

Well, the powers that be did indeed move poor Devin's court date. Our final hearing will now be on President's Day, February 16th at 11:30.

It's amazing how God works. As I'm dealing with my trust issues I've been carrying my pink sheet of verses around with me to memorize. As I had to break the bad news to my sweet son that they had moved his hearing, I told him we had to go to the pink sheet and trust God for what He was doing.

I tend to be a woman who lets her emotions pretty much rule her life, but in this sad moment God had provided an anchor for me and my son to hold onto in this very difficult time. We changed the wording in some of the scriptures to apply to us...

Ps. 31:6-7 I hate those who worship worthless court clerks and judges assistants (paraphrase mine). I trust in the Lord. I am overcome with joy because of your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles. and you care about the anguish of my soul.


Because of this work that began weeks ago, I was able to help frame this experience in the love of God for my son so that years from now he could look back on it and remember God's faithfulness and not as a time of sadness and anger. That is a miracle because anyone who knows me, knows that this would not come naturally for me, but God graciously prepared us for this time.

Anyway, now we look ahead to the future. Only a few more days until this precious child is mine (ours, whatever) forever!

Daddy is working late on Valentines Day so my boy and I have a date to go hear the Gaither Homecoming. Yes, I'm a gospel music dork, but what a blessing that my boy is one too!

Keep praying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You enjoy yourself at the Gaither Homecoming. I know you will both be blessed. Bill and Gloria sure do have a gift from God.
Dianna Mason

Brother Frankie said...

thats an awesome show...

be blessed

Brother frankie