Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sing With Me!

As I lay in bed this morning trying to talk myself into getting up, I began to think about my life. Anyone who knows me, knows that by nature I'm kind of a "glass half-empty" kind of girl. But this morning despite the freezing cold outside and my own fatigue, I was filled with a sense of joy straight from the Lord for all of the very good things in my life. All of the sudden an old hymn that I used to love popped into my head and is now firmly lodged there so I thought I would share it with you and maybe brighten your day too...

Sunshine in My Soul

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my Light.
Refrain

O there's sunshine, blessed sunshine,
When the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King,
And Jesus, listening, can hear
The songs I cannot sing.

Refrain

There is springtime in my soul today,
For, when the Lord is near,
The dove of peace sings in my heart,
The flowers of grace appear.

Refrain

There is gladness in my soul today,
And hope and praise and love,
For blessings which He gives me now,
For joys "laid up" above.

Refrain


Despite all of the garbage going on in the economy and in the world around us, there is reason for hope and pure joy. So often I lose sight of this, but God is working on me. Now don't expect me to do something rash like run out an join a ladies small group because of this epiphany. God is growing me toward joy in baby steps.

I hope this song gets lodged in your heart today too!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, I just found your blog and have sat here and read the entire blog!! WOW.. what an amazing journey!! My husband and I are getting ready to foster to adopt. This blog was such a blessing to find and really touched my heart. My husband and I foster for an adoption agency, but we really want to go through the foster system and adopt a waiting child. Your story gives me hope! Thank you so much for sharing your life with others!

Brittani said...

I love that.I have been filled with THAT SORT of Joy & wonder for the last two years. God has shown me that HE is so much more than I ever thought that He was. And... that He has gien me so much more than I could have ever imagined possible.