I have a son, and I love this boy more than you could ever know...but the kid is wearing me out!
Besides the normal roughness of a boy-child, which I expected and love, there is also the attachment/bonding process going on. I'm learning that when kids aren't "parented" out of certain developmental phases, they can kind of get stuck. That's partially what we're going through.
All moms are familiar with what it's like to have a 1 to 2 year-old climbing all over their lap and constantly wrestling with them. Now imagine that the child now weighs 140 lbs. and is 5'7"! This is my life on a constant basis. He is being affectionate when he's doing it and he's so cute so it's hard to complain about it, but I'm 44 and not a young whipper-snapper any more!
I completely get why this is going on and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help get him through this and reassure him that unlike his bio-mom or any other relationship he's had in the last 10 years with caretakers, I'm not going anywhere. The fact remains though that I'm bruised and exhausted most of the time. I want to enjoy this adventure, but I'm afraid it might just kill me!
As the day approaches when we can finally file the papers for his adoption, we get more and more excited and at the same time I see an anxiousness in Devin. I can't wait till this is all done and he can finally exhale...and so can I!
Please pray for us that the time goes by quickly. I'm anxious to see how different things will be once this is all tied up and permanent. God is so good and He will get us through this too!
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







2 comments:
You are doing a great job!
I'm thinking you should join our Friday morning moms group!! There are a ton of us who can sympathize with just not wanting to be touched anymore by the end of the day!
Love you!
B
Post a Comment