Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's Play Dress-Up

Let me tell you how much fun I'm having buying boy clothes. I've never gotten to do this before and I'm liking it. I've been squirreling away money from my paychecks for many months for such a time as this and I think I should've started about 10 years ago because boy clothes are expensive!

Anyway, last night the kiddies from our church put on a program. To support the little kids, the youth group got all dressed up and treated the little ones to a red-carpet reception. I didn't think Devin was going to get to go because of our limited visitation schedule and the fact that he told me he wouldn't go to youth group. Just on faith, I went out and bought him a new pair of pants and a dress shirt. As God would have it, things changed on both fronts and Devin got to go.





Both the kids looked so good all dressed up. Of course, I made them let me take their pictures. Now, he won't smile for me in a posed picture (photo 1), but I did catch a sweet cameo of him laughing with some of the kids (photo 2). He looked so handsome and I think he knew how good he looked because he wore his dress clothes back to GOV instead of changing.

It's more and more fun to have him around. We're so excited now that he can actually be in the house. No weekend visits yet but it's a vast improvement. I had so hoped that this would be the weekend he could stay over, but apparently it's not meant to be yet. I'm trying so hard to celebrate the good and not be so frustrated by the bureaucracy and the set-backs...please keep praying!

1 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

I'm so glad you are having so much fun together!