Today we had our meeting to read Devin's files. Nothing surprising or shocking...a lot of what we expected. There are a few more people on the planet I want to hurt now...it's shocking to me how people think that they can treat innocent children. It makes my blood boil.
Anyway, it looks like my meeting with the lawyer-types is at least a week away which is a bummer because we get no overnight visits until that's done. One encouraging thing is that the social worker removed the one phone call per week rule and moved up his permanent move-in date almost a month and a half if the process goes as it should. (again, happy, but not holding my breath) If it works out this way, Devin would be able to go with us to North Carolina to the apologetics conference which would be great.
I'm going to end by copying an idea from my brilliant friend Jess and giving you a C.S. Lewis quote that I love:
“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







2 comments:
Hey you. . had a blast today. Love you.
Bran
PS I just gave you a blogging award. . you can see it on my blog. Then, you click the award, save it to your computer and upload it as a picture and pass it on to blogs you like!
Hey Whitney! I just found your blog. So cool what God is doing in your family. I'm excited to "hear" more :)
Post a Comment