Today, I got the call I've been waiting for...sort of. It seems that in the adoption process, behind every big puffy pink cloud, there's a lighting bolt ready to hit you in the tush...what next?
I got the call from our social worker that our homestudy had come back and had been approved. Yipee!! But...and here comes my BIG but...we have yet one more obstacle to overcome before Devin can come into our home. It seems that since Devin has a brother in the system, there has to be a meeting were I say in front of a bunch of lawyer and guardian-type people that I would support Devin visiting his little brother. I can't just write it down, sign it, notarize it, put a couple drops of blood on it and staple my first child to it...I have to do it in a meeting.
Stacey hopes that the meeting will be this week. If anyone sees me today they will notice that I am not holding my breath, I am to busy trying to hold my sanity.
So, yes, it's a cause for celebration...but with an oops clause. Please pray that FHS can get it together soon. I'm sure there'll be something else after this!
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







2 comments:
oh nice...I will keep praying! And holding my breath!
Congratulations... and, sorry about your luck all in one!
Post a Comment