The time has come once again to send Erin back to college. I honestly thought that it would be much easier to have her leave this year since she had already been away for her first school year. It's amazing how quickly I got used to having her home and how quickly things seemed the way they had always been...and now she's leaving again. I prayed with a friend this morning who was sending her daughter off to college for the first time. For all of you moms going through the same thing...I am praying for you. I constantly remind myself of God's great love for my Erin and the fact that He does not need my meddling to work out his amazing plan for her life. Just who do I think I am anyway??? Pray for me that I will keep my big nose out of places it doesn't belong and I give Erin the wings she needs to grow and mature.
I can't believe that Erica starts her SENIOR year tomorrow! This was the one that I vowed I wouldn't let grow up...I have no idea where the time went. I plan to savor every moment of this last year.
Finally, Devin invited us to his church tonight as the young adults took over the evening service. During the service, I began to feel such guilt that we would be taking him away from his church and his friends and wondering if he was really going to want to make this change. Afterwards, we went out for ice cream and talked about the upcoming school year. Before we left the restaurant, he pulled a bag out from under the table and handed it to me. It contained all of the medals and trophies that he had won in the Olympics last week. He gave me one of his gold medals to keep in my car and the rest to keep at our house. I have this overwhelming sense of gratitude and reverence and I can't put my finger on the source. I was so touched that he would give me these treasures. My heart was bursting!
Please continue to pray that our visitation status is changed this week so that we can take him out unsupervised. I have faith that God's timing in this situation is perfect!
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







5 comments:
I think someone is going to be so in love with his new mama!! SO excited for you!!
What a post! You made me sad, you made me happy. It was like a good movie :)
What a precious gift...Devin's trust. Wow! From a 14 year old that is HUGE!!! I'm with you on the mixed emotions with our girls going back to school...very very mixed over here, but glad we are nearly done!
Precious gifts. . all of your children. I think that was a HUGE step for Devin to entrust his memories and awards to you. How cool!
Love you bunches,
Bran
Great title for your post! I love how close you and your girls are. It's so encouraging! And oh my, I love reading about your relationship with Devin! So precious!
Love,
Jaime
Post a Comment