Friday, October 24, 2008

In His Time



Galatians 4:3-5
But when the right time came, the time God decided on, he sent his Son,born of a woman, born as a Jew, to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law so that he could adopt us as his very own sons.TLB


I have been thinking a lot lately about the perfect timing of God. It seems to come up everywhere in my life, even places far outside of the adoption. God seems to be showing me over and over that He has control of my life, and not control in an overbearing way. I get the mental picture of how good it feels to be in a car where someone you trust is driving and you can put your head back, close your eyes and just enjoy the ride. God's mercy and love is so overwhelming to me at this time in my life. He is using people close to me and my circumstances to teach me to lean back and enjoy the ride because I can completely trust him!

Coincidentally enough, these verses were in my devotional this morning. I kind of chuckled to myself as once again this lesson is brought to my attention. God must know how thick my skull is!

Anyway, today we are one step closer to permanency. Devin comes home today for 10 days in preparation for the final move. This is all he talks about and I know that he is excited/anxious/stressed about the whole thing. After the 10 days, he goes back to GOV for 5 days and then will be permanently placed. He was telling me about the procedure involved. The social worker comes to the school and un-enrolls him. Next she goes to GOV and they pack his things and drives him to our home. He said this will be the longest car ride of his life, he will be so anxious to get home for the last time!

I was saddened when he was telling me this only because this procedure was so familiar to him. He had done it twice before, only to be sent back. How conflicted and anxious his little heart must be over the next few weeks. Please pray for peace and confidence for him that this is it, and that he can trust us. Pray that we can say the right words and God would calm his heart so he can put his head back and enjoy the ride as well!

Love to all!


2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Oh, how exciting!

Brandi said...

whohoo!!! It's almost over. . and by that, I mean just beginning!

Love you bunches,
Bran