I have been looking forward to today for a long time. By 6 p.m. today, all the people I love most in the world will be together like a real family. Erin is coming home from college for the weekend (yipee!!). This is the longest we've ever been apart and I miss her desperately. Devin will also be home for the weekend so we won't be rushing him back to GOV like an overdue book. It will be so nice to have us all together if for only a little while.
My brother and sister will also be coming into town tonight. My dad celebrated his 70th birthday this week and we are going to be getting some family and friends together for a party tomorrow.
I've had some challenges with my boy this week. He got a little "vacation" from school for speaking disrespectfully to an administrator. I'm trying to help him see that he has us now to stand up for him with authority should he feel he was being treated unfairly. It's something he's going to have to learn. Also, last night we were helping him with his homework. As soon as he doesn't understand something he wants to quit or cheat himself by trying to find the answer on the internet instead of working it out himself. I don't want him to give up on himself so easily. He's a very bright kid who just hasn't been challenged to do the hard work of learning.
I keep asking God if I have the strength and tools to do this. I guess the answer is no, I don't, but God does. I want so much to be able to give Devin all that he needs and more but am still learning how to do that. Your prayers would be very much apprecited.
Well, I'm off. I've got to head to the grocery store. I'm going to have a housefull of hungry kids....I love that!
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







1 comments:
Glad you could all be together this weekend. I hated to miss your dad's Birthday party! I bet it was fun! I'll be praying for you as you encourage and train Devin...so thankful He has what we need to parent!!! Love, Christie
Post a Comment