Saturday, July 26, 2008

Red Light...Green Light

Do you remember that game from childhood? You ran toward a goal when someone yelled "green light", but as soon as "red light" was called, you had to freeze in your tracks until given permission to move again.

That's what my life and this adoption feels like right now. Unfortunately, we're on "red light" right now. It all seemed to be going along so well; we had a great church visit last week and then Wednesday night we went over to the group home for a game night. We played Apples to Apples and laughed and had a great time. He actually started kidding around with us and I could tell he felt a lot more comfortable with us. Something deep in my spirit said, "this is going to work." I left the group home so excited and ready get this done.

Now, we wait. Without our home study done, we're still at the mercy of other people to visit or contact him. Our case manager and his mentor have been great but I understand that they have lives and we're not their only priority. With his history of abandonment, I don't want him to wonder for a moment about our committment to him.

Please pray for me as I wait. I want to allow God to teach me whatever He needs to during this down time. Also pray for peace in Demetree's heart as I know that there is fear he will be disappointed again. We are waiting on my background check to come in and then final approval. I can't wait for the day we can welcome this boy home for the first and last time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Oh, I just love reading your heart in these posts. You keep making me all teary-eyed!