Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

We just returned from having lunch with Demetree and his mentor Angela. I was so nervous at our first meeting as possible adoptive parents. What would we talk about? What would we say? How can I possibly be natural and not just trying to impress them? These are the questions that have plagued me since I found out about our meeting.

Well, God is gracious and it went better than I could have expected. At Angela's prompting, Demetree brought with him a list of icebreaker questions that everyone had to ask. We all went around the table answering our questions, laughing and sharing stories. When I looked up we had been at the restaurant for 2 1/2 hours! And I was afraid we would run out of things to say!

I guess it's in God's hands now (I guess it's always been, I just forget sometimes). We'll see what the next step is. I will probably hear more tomorrow when the social worker, Stacey, gets the report.

Please continue to pray for us that we would be OK with whatever God has in store.
It's so scary yet so exciting at the same time!

0 comments: