Monday, March 9, 2009

Rich Like Me!



Life is tough sometimes, but life is also very, very good.

Americans are told every day that the news is bad and it's only going to get worse, and it just might, but God has been showing me over the past few months how truly rich I am.

I am one of those who lost their jobs due to the economic downturn and things have had to change around here, but God is always good and He is giving me hope that I've never had before.

As I have been busily clipping my coupons and looking for deals at every turn, I've been reminded of the things that I have that I couldn't have purchased had I wanted to and things that no one can take away no matter how hard they try.

1. My faith. I don't know how people live without the firm belief that this is not all there is. To me, if this were it, life would be pretty shallow and purposeless. I know that even in this down time, God is purposeful and loving and good and that He will never take His loving eye off of me.

2. My family. What a bunch of nuts, but boy do we have fun! We were all together for the weekend which is a rare treat for me. I'm so lucky that we all just enjoy being together.


3. My friends and my church. Again, not a bunch of perfect people but a bunch of great people. We take care of each other and are accountable to each other. I never have to worry about me or my children going without as long as they are around and they know the same is true from our end.

I know it looks bad out there, but take a minute to think about all that you can't lose. I still love to hang our sheets out on the line because it always reminds me of the fact that God loves me so much, He took time to make the air smell great. I just had to take a minute to hang up my sheets and capture it.

Let's all hang out the sheets in our mind today and try to capture something that God has given to us that we hadn't taken time to notice. I think this is a good way to maintain perspective in these trying times. We are so lavished upon by God every day and we fail to see our abundance!

I hope today that you are all rich like me!

2 comments:

[kibbe] said...

Sisterrrr I am going to email you a ton of links that help you save $$$ on stuff. I've been using a ton of these for awhile now and I think they really help a lot.

LOVE YOU!!

Kelly said...

Great perspective!! Hard and challenging, but great! Have a great week, friend!