

It's been a while since my last post. Life seems to go at a hundred miles an hour these days.
We're busy about the process of life as a family...a permanent, legal family. Last Sunday at church we had a sort of dedication service for our whole family. Afterward, we had a party for those closest to Devin. It was so fun to watch him be the center of attention. It had a redneck country theme so Devin was in his glory! Something that really touched my heart was when I had a couple of people who have known Devin much longer than I have who said to me, "I've never seen Devin smile so much." That meant the world to me. His happiness is so important to me. Even in the midst of the happiness, I have lingering guilt about taking him away from his old life and friends. I want his new life to be the best possible!
God has been so good to us over the past year. We have learned many, many hard lessons about trust and God's perfect timing in everything. "Trusting God" by Jerry Bridges has not been out of my reach for most of the year. If you haven't read it yet...go get it. God really is in control and I can't wait for someday in heaven when God shows how every event, trial, joy and pain that we go through fit perfectly into His perfectly woven plan. I think when we then see and fully understand, we will truly fall to our knees and say with the angels, "holy, holy, holy is the Lord!"
Life is changing quickly. In just a few short months my baby girl Erica will be graduating, Devin will start driving (yipes!) and Erin will be getting her AA from Santa Fe College. Time flies by so quickly. For those of you with young ones, hold on to them tightly...they don't stay that way long!
Well, today I sit in jury duty. God bless those people having their fates in the hands of those of us not smart enough to get out of jury duty!
Love to you all!
Getting a Conversation Started in the Storm
10 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment